Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Historical Democratic National Convention Painting/Poster/Giclee'


The owner of Great Western Art in downtown Denver, Colorado, Hilliard Moore, asked me if I would be interested in creating a poster for the upcoming Democratic National Convention from a historical point of view since I paint scenes in downtown Denver on a regular basis. I agreed to come up with my personal concept. Since the convention was held in Denver in 1908 at the City Auditorium, a half a block from Great Western Art on Curtis, I thought it was an interesting project. As you can see from the photograph of the painting, I also painted the Pepsi Center where the convention will be held in 2008 in August. If you have an interest in the original painting, it will be shown in August at Great Western Art and posters and giclees will also be available through the gallery. Their phone number is 303-396-2787 and the gallery is located at 1455 Curtis Street. The convention will be an exciting time in Denver!

1 comment:

Loretta J. Martin said...

Your poster is truly remarkable, and if only I was a Democrat, I would purchase the original oil from your gallery!!! It deserves to be shown at the DNC and I am going to contact Juan Williams and Brit Hume at Fox News to see if I can assist in getting that done. Your use of the buildings from the convention in 1908 and 2008 really ties the theme together and the eagle is so original. Bravo to you and I hope you can obtain the recognition you so deserve!!! Loretta J. Martin